There are probably a handful of reasons why you decided to dance. Whether it was from your parents placing you in class when you were young or deciding in high school to try out for the dance team. But, do you ever stop and think about the real underlying reason why you dance? Is it for the acknowledgment? Is it to express yourself? More Than Dancers has set out to explain in 10 reasons why you dance.
1. Dance is your passion. You were wired to dance and when you dance, you feel alive.
2. Dance is where your friends become family. No one in this world understands you quite like your dance friends. The love for dance that you share connects you in a way that cannot be understood by others.
3. Dance provides a way for you to relax and de-stress. It seems like the stress of school, family, boys etc. is never ending. But, thank goodness you have dance — when you’re dancing, all the stress and worries just fade away.
4. Dance is your creative outlet. To you, the entire world is a work of art. You’re inspired by your surroundings and are eager to unleash the creativity within you.
5. Dancing is when you feel like you are your true self. Those moments you are on stage performing or in the studio dancing to a song you love are when you feel the most like yourself.
6. Dance makes you strong. Through dance, you have pushed yourself to new limits. Dance tests you, stretches you and forces you to be bolder than you were yesterday.
7. Dance is your safe haven. No matter what life throws at you, even those moments that feel like the world is crumbling around you, dance is your sweet escape.
8. Dance creates a way for you to express yourself. Sometimes you can’t find the right words to express what you are feeling or thinking — but that’s okay, you were meant to express yourself through your movement. Dance allows you to discover and express sides of you that you didn’t even know existed.
9. Dance brings you happiness. Dancing makes you feel the kind of happiness you felt as a little kid on Christmas morning. You always leave your dance studio feeling happier than when you walked in.
10. Dance is your home. Dance is a part of you that can never be taken away. As you grow up, life will change and people will come and go, but dance will always be your home.
Don’t Miss These!