Last updated on August 6th, 2019 at 04:26 pm
We’ve asked 100 dancers in our More Than Dancers™ community that are 4, 5, and 6s
some advice and tips for people who are trying to get their leg extensions to a higher level from a dancers perspective rather than a teacher!
What is your advice for others to continue improving their extensions? What stretches, activities, etc worked for you?
So, how do you get your leg extensions to a higher level?
Here is a summary of what they had to say:
- Stretch extension while standing and then let go to strengthen holding your leg
- Do splits on the wall
- Stretch everyday
- Do pilates
- Push yourself while stretching
- Foam roll before stretching
- Always have a positive attitude
- Set a goal you’re working towards, don’t just stretch to stretch
- Never give up
- Use stretchers like a therapy band *was it our last giveaway*
- Do splits, needle, and Y standing stretch
- Stretch your hips
- Strengthen core
- Do kicks front and Side
- Do wall middle splits
- Know that there will be an end result and you will reach your goals but you have
- Have a positive mindset
- Practice balance
Which tip is your favorite?
Stay tuned for more Continue to follow our dance blog for more tips, advice, and information all related to dance! We love dancing, and we know you do too! If you want to take it to the next level, then make sure to sign up for our newsletter by texting “Dancers” to 39970 it’s that easy!